I had a great experience with these book discussions, I was able to gain insights and different viewpoints throughout the process of discussing with my roommates. The most recurrent theme I could find was the negative portrayal of doctors. I think that this may be a little unfair. What they were doing was questionable however it was not illegal at the time. I think they people need to take this into account when posting these discussions. However as time went I noticed a gradual change in attitude towards doctors after having to discuss a few laws that had taken effect since the time of this book.
A theme that did not change throughout the book was the view on informed consent. It was noticeable that everyone believed in informing people of the truth, not hiding information to benefit yourself or even the patient. I thought that this was the most interesting discovery, people want the truth instead of being told they would be okay. I expected some people to only want to hear what was necessary to hear, not the whole brutal truth.
I felt that this was a productive process and thought that everyone involved did a great job as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment